1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raw dump problem with Super paper mario

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Lennox, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Lennox

Lennox Member

I am constantly having a problem backing this game up. It gets to about 4.5------gb or whatever but not the correct size. raw dump locks up as well never finishing dumping the game hence the size differential. should i take back this copy and get another? i have already used raw dump successfully 5 times.
    thanks.

2. xNewbie

xNewbie Member

how long is the average time of dumping and burning ur games?

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

If you can take it back and try it that would probably save you time. Try that first. If that doesn't work, grab a backup online somewhere since you legally own the game, it's OK.

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I've been dumping and burning my own backups for a few weeks now. On my PC (3.0GHz P4w/HT, 1GB RAM and 200 GB HDD), it takes about 1 hour 45 minutes to backup a GC game and 2 hours and 40 minutes to backup a Wii game using RawDump 2.0. As for burning it takes about 15-20 minutes using Imgburn and an external DVD-RW drive (that's without verification after burning).

5. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

I just got this game (Super Paper Mario) yesterday and made a backup using rawdump 2.0 without any issues. Took 2 hours 30 minutes to dump (no errors) and 8-10 minutes to burn at 8x on Memorex 16x DVD-R.

6. xNewbie

xNewbie Member

is DVD-R recommended to burn games and like DVD+R for movies? or + and _ doesnt matter

7. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Do some research on it when you get some free time. It was basically a burnning standard war. Companies took sides and in the end, it didn't really matter because supermulti drives did it all.

Most people recomend DVD-R for movies and games (anything ISO basically) and DVD+R for data backup. I use DVD+R for just about everything and they work just fine.