1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rawdump with LG GDR 8164B HELP Pls

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Snowblinded, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Snowblinded

Snowblinded Newbie

Hello Community,
    i know i´m a bit late, but maybe someone could help me..
    I´d like to dump the Wii Games of my brother, he have a Wii U only and he dont want Homebrew on it. So i bought a LG GDR-8164B DVD-Rom IDE ATA Drive. My PC dont have IDE so i bought an USB to IDE adapter which works with all CDs and DVDs, but if i put in a Wii Disc, the LG Drive loads the disc, and then stops and then trying again and this endless.. to be sure its not the LG Drive i bought a second one (the same) which got exact the same problem. I´m running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and there i only have .net framework 4.5 and for Rawdump i need 2.0 so i made on a empty hard drive Windows XP SP2 32 bit with .net framework 2.0 and Rawdump 2.1, one time the LG Drive got it to read the Wii Disc and i was able to dump it.. after that the other ones i have dont worked.. and the first one also dont worked again.. in Hardware Manager of Windows i set the IDE to ´PIO only Mode´ and after 100 tries i got the second Wii Disc dumped (with the second LG Drive this time, so both work). So my Problem is, that its not reading the Wii Discs or it trys to and retrys forever.. my windows gets lagging when i put in the Wii Disc and if i open rawdump then the programm open after a long time and then in the list is no Disc Drive shown (but when its empty it shows the drive), if i start Rawdump before its freezing and then after a few minutes it says i might have a faulty drive.. so i read the whole internet but found nothing like this and so i hope u could help me maybe?

My System:
    CPU: AMD A8-6600k
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 960
    RAM: Kingston 8GB 1600 + Nanya 4GB 1600
    HDD: WDC 2,5" 500GB
    PS: Thermaltake Smart SE 530W
    MB: MSI FM2-A55M-E33

2. Y0shim@ri0

Y0shim@ri0 Newbie

Most CD/DVD drives cant read Wii discs. ones that can are very rare and expensive.

3. Snowblinded

Snowblinded Newbie

as i said.. i have the LG GDR-8164B, in the whole internet everyone tells that it works with this one.. also i finished two dumps and have 2 iso files now so the dvd drive is not the problem

4. Y0shim@ri0

Y0shim@ri0 Newbie

My mistake, lol... But, that means that: A) how your powering the drive is shot, or B) the adapter itself is shot.
    EDIT: I got 2 more possible problems: C) the cable is shot, and D) Drivers just went haywire (had that happen on random things)

5. Snowblinded

Snowblinded Newbie

ok so.. i have the dvd drive with external power supply, but also tried it with the main pc power supply doesnt make a difference.. connected it is with an Usb to ide adapter like this one here:
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-zu-IDE-S...79?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item5d5a44aaf3

all cables and so MUST work because i already got 2 finished Iso files so i dont think thats the problem..
    the drivers.. yeah thats what i thought.. i only use the windows standart drivers but i also dont found any drivers for the LG dvd drive..

my problem is that in 100 tries the wii disc is loading, so i hear the disc drive that it loads the disc.. and then it stops and trys again endless.. only 2 times it just loaded it short and then stopped and i was able to dump the discs (the drive at dumping is nearly silent)

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does your bios see the drive correctly? can you try the drive & software on another computer even a friend's that has ide on the motherboard?

7. Y0shim@ri0

Y0shim@ri0 Newbie

Or you can buy a Sata to IDE converter

8. Snowblinded

Snowblinded Newbie

the BIOS sees the drive, also i can boot from it.. thats the way i installed windows xp
    i have no friends with IDE Mainboards, so thats no option :/
    a SATA to IDE converter.. i thought about it, but i read really much that this can make problems and not working then.. i dont know if the USB to IDE converter is the problem, but why it should be a problem, when i already got two games dumped with it.. so i think its more like a software problem.. i tried to disable autoplay function from windows but i dont know why it tries to load the disc a thousand times.. which software or OS you guys are using?

9. Y0shim@ri0

Y0shim@ri0 Newbie

Has this been fixed?

10. Snowblinded

Snowblinded Newbie

hi.. because i got no more answers.. no i dont fixed the problem yet.. i tried one more week a couple of things and searched the whole internet for hours but then i gave up bc i cant found anything sry

11. Y0shim@ri0

Y0shim@ri0 Newbie

try the adapter on another computer or get another one?

12. ChriZtR

ChriZtR Member

If I'm not wrong, you'll have to flash the drive with a custom firmware in order to work. Or was it for the X360?