1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ray is freezing (??)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 6foot7, Feb 8, 2005.

1. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

Anyone else having problems with Ray freezing up? No, it's not the media because everything else I back up is working just fine with the media I'm using.

2. captflint

captflint Guest

6foot7, methinks walks the plank fast.....arr arr arr, ok, I accomplished my backup with current v dvdcrypt, n shrink. I admit it did take me 2 times to get it, but eye prevailed,,, Throught thick of storm, eye of thunder, swabbin decks, crumblin to the nees of me mistress...ah, wait a minute, I'm the man!
    Where be that plank??

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Is it freezing up during encoding? Decryption? Burning? Playback? Gonna need more info to help.

4. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

Ive read on another thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/156215 that the single disc version is giving problems unless you use anydvd or something similar in the background then dvdecrypter then dvdshrink, personally ive got the 2 disc release and have had no problems

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  5. yeardley

yeardley Member

Also, are you trying to view the theatrical version or the extended version with extra scenes? That extended version, even on a perfect copy, will not work on all players during playback. If thats what youre watching try the theatrical version.

6. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I viewed the theatrical version, and it's freezing up during playback, i'm not sure wether it freezes during encoding because i usually set it and walk away.

7. yeardley

yeardley Member

A little later I'm gonna try to back up my copy (single-sided disc). I'll repost with a success or failure story afterward, and let you know all the specifics of what I used, how I did it if it does work. If not I'll try to find the fix and post that here too. But like I said before, that extended playback version could be a pain in the ass to figure out b/c it takes the regular movie and cuts new scenes into it at various points. As the disclaimer on the disc mentioned that some DVD players wouldn't be compatible with that type of playback, mine wouldn't have it either.

Anyway, like I said I'll let you know how it goes a bit later but it won't necessarily help you if you're with the double-sided version.

Post Edit:
    Actually check out the following thread. This guy says he got it to work by ripping the full DVD .iso using Decrypter to his hard drive first, then mounting it with virtual drive, then using Shrink to encode, with AnyDVD running in background. I think his point is that it worked when the DVD was ripped to the hard drive first, but not when he was trying to encode on the fly to the hard drive just using Shrink.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157759

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  8. unity13

unity13 Guest

Try different software. I used dvdxcopy(platinum) and I didn't have a problem with viewing either version.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

6'7,

Don't really know, if it's not the media maybe there was a problem during the encoding process. Maybe the computer burped or something. Have you tried it on different players? Does it play back fine in the drive you burned it on? If it works on some players and not others then it's probably just a compatibility issue. If it doesn't work on any players then try again and if you have the same problem try a different original copy.