1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razor Blade Trick

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bboy_flex, Nov 15, 2004.

1. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I am using two razorblades to help me with the soldering of the chip legs. The problem that i am having is that the razorblades keep falling down. Do you guys have any methods of keeping the two razorblades in place? Is there an easier way to soldering to those chip legs? Thanks.

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i tried using that method and ending up just giving up and soldering free hand. if you tin the wires well it will be extremely easy.

3. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

i tried it freehand but bridged a few legs together. I desoldered it though. Now i am using paper since it stays in place and i can move it around easily. Thanks for the help though.

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

no problem =)

5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Try a little bit of blu-tac to keep the blades in place. I like your idea of using paper instead, doesnt it burn through though?

6. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I thought that the paper would burn so i held an iron on it just to make sure. I held it on the paper for about 10 seconds and nothing happened so i decided to use it. The problem that i had with the razor blades was that the solder would stick to the blade and cause problems.