1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCA wireless A/V sender

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by fermi, May 25, 2004.

1. fermi

fermi Member

Hi, I would like to connect my Media Center PC to my TV/amp/loudspeakers, which are one floor below and on the other side of the house. I found this product, teh RCA WVS150 2.4Ghz A/V sender, which is supposed to perform this function quite nicely. My questions:

1) Has anyone used one of these? If so, what is the signal quality if traveling ~100 feet and through a couple walls?
    2) It advertises that it also relays remote IR signal, but it's not clear whether this is just for RCA remotes or for any remote.
    3) Will the 2.4GHz interfere with my WiFi router?

Thanks!

2. Bus

Bus Member

I got the 2.4 Ghz A/V sender from Radio Shack. Product works very well, the only problems I have is that my cordless phone is also 2.4 and the A/v freaks out, so when I use the A/v sender I just unplug the phone. Microwaves and the dryer freaks mine out to. But they are great, I use mine to send videos off my comp to the tv in another room. I have no clue on the remote part as mine didnt have that option.