1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCO Editor&opening_plugin problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lowell112, Jun 7, 2007.

1. lowell112

lowell112 Member

I am trying to change the PSP logo on the startup of the psp. So i found a tutorial that said to make a replacement image with the correct size and etc. Then open RCO Editor and open up the opening_plugin.rco that i want the new logo in. Well, when i try to open it it says "Invalido RCO-you must use a decrypted (FW 2.60 or lower) RCO!!!" i tried different opening rco's too and got same message. well...if my psp is 3.40oe-a where do i find one from a 2.60...or did i do something wrong? or is there an easier way to change the startup logo stuff? please help!

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

the startup is not an rco. it is called gameboot.pmf

3. lowell112

lowell112 Member

gameboot.pmf is for when u click to run a game...opening_plugin.rco is for when u turn on the psp after a hardboot or something similar to that. Already have a custom gameboot.

4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

that is coldboot.pmf

if not, then it is defenitley a .pmf file.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  5. lowell112

lowell112 Member

opening_plugin.rco is part of the coldboot. It contains the SCE logo and PSP logo which r shown during the coldboot. The coldboot is the sound and waves i thought? if this is not correct please tell me how to get my psp to show like welcome to lowells psp or somethign like that when i turn it on?

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

7. lowell112

lowell112 Member

well what do u kno u posted the guide that i am following! lol thats cool. ok well i got the opening_plugin.rco to open in RCO Editor...but the file i need to replace [MIG] text_psp_logo is now being gay. when i click on it it says "Run Time Error '53': File not found: zlib.dll" then the program closes. ok i have no idea what that means? and i have no idea which opening_plugin.rco i am using that finally worked cuz i was basically randomly doin stuff and i finally got one that worked? please help again? thnx for tryin too!

8. lowell112

lowell112 Member

yea ok i got it fixed i am a dumb***. When i downloaded rco editor i just extracted the exe file and ran it like that so i got that error message. so then i just extracted everything that it came with which i should have known and then it worked. ty for help it was more of a stupid mistake that nobody wouldve known prolly.