1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re Author mode

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sageman50, Sep 11, 2004.

1. sageman50

sageman50 Member

I have reauthored a DVD with only the main movie included. When I pay it back, it plays in blocks of 25 to 29 minutes, then it blacks out (a black screen) for a second after paying the block, then plays the next 25 minute block. Is this a normal occurence when reauthoring?

Thanks.

2. DietCoke

DietCoke Member

What quality setting did you have it on? I ripped Serendipity using DVD Decryptor and burned it to a G04 using DVD Shrink. I reauthored, as you did, burning just the film. It skips, but never goes to black screen. Just skips a second of the dvd or two to the next second. For instance, it will go from 30:02 directly to 30:04. I chose a the sharpest quality setting there was, which I believe was the culprit. I am reburning it whilst setting the quality to the default sharpness setting, and am hoping that this will result in smoother burn.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Try max smoothness, overall it seems to be the best setting.

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Too many people say something similar to this but it can in no way be possible. Shrink has no ability to burn on it's own. Shrink can utilize other burning programs to burn it's output...decrypter, nero, copytodvd. I try to correct this whenever I see it in hopes that I'll never see the thread titled..."why can't i get shrink to burn"