1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-authoring (audio options)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rookie45, Oct 6, 2004.

1. rookie45

rookie45 Member

Does anyone one what the diff. is between AC3 5.1-CH,AC3 2-CH, AND DTS 5.1-CH for your audio options when you re-author a disc. I am re-authoring a disc and want to know what each one does so I can pick which one to keep for my burn.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

AC3 5-1 ch is the only one you need. it is dolby digital surround sound, but will play in stereo if you don't have a receiver. DTS is just a different surround sound format, but will only work if you have a dts receiver and player. The 2-ch is usually just comentary.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Rookie45,

The AC3, 5.1 -CH is your Stereo that all of your home amplifiers can play with no problem.

The AC3 2-CH is probably your Director's Cut narration BUT could be a 2 channel stereo of the entire DVD. Don't be too hasty to dump this one. For this particular DVD It is the Director's Cut.

The DTS 5.1-CH is your digital sound and is totally useless UNLESS you have the Digital Amp needed to play it.

Enjoy,

Pete

4. rookie45

rookie45 Member

Thanks guys that was awsome help