1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re-authoring problem in dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by G2005, Dec 30, 2004.

1. G2005

G2005 Member

Ok here's the problem. i burned a movie successfully with dvd shrink and then i went to re-author option to remove the things i didnt want. You do the re-author after the movie backed up right? well i went there afterwards, and chose only the movie to be recorded, no extras and stuff. It starts the encoding and when its time to insert the dvd, i insert the one i just recorded but it says wrong media or something like that, check your compilation settings. i mean what, i didnt do anything wrong, i followed the guide. i thought that the re-author happens before u begin burning, but frmo what it says, u first burn and then u re-author and make changes.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

No!
    Try this:
    Insert disc to be copied.
    Open Shrink, select Open Disc.
    Select the disc to be copied.
    Shrink analyzes the movie.
    When this finishes, select Re-Author.
    Once the Re-author selections are completed, select OK, Shrink will encode the movie.
    If Nero is selected to burn with in Preferences the burn process will begin when encoding is complete. Otherwise the files will be placed on your HD for burning with a burn program.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004