1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re-authoring with menus

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jsmith11, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jsmith11

jsmith11 Member

Is it possible to cut out the extra features and still keep the menu?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You do have an option to replace the extras with still pictures or still images. Select the title you want to replace and then under your Compression Settings tab change the drop down menu from Automatic to Still Image or Still Pictures.

For example I can reduce the extras from Matrix Revolutions from 170 MB to 37 MB by using one of the images from Windows XP sample pictures.

Using Still Pictures reduces the selected title to a series of still shots at 1/2 second intervals. This method reduced the extras to 31 MB, keeping the AC3 2 channel audio.

This is all done in the full disc mode. Using Shrink in the Re-author mode will disable your menus. You can still put them on a disc if you ignore the warning however they will not work at all.

Cheers,
    Frank

3. jsmith11

jsmith11 Member

I actually have done it that way I just wondered if I could completely cut them out and still have the menu for searching through chapters.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  5. jsmith11

jsmith11 Member

Ok, thanks!