1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re- Authoring

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bj2964, Oct 22, 2004.

1. bj2964

bj2964 Member

Here's the story...

Some of the dvd's I copied at the begining of my movie copying adventure, I would just copy the whole DVD and compress it to fit. But whenever I play it back, some of the movies don't work well, usually it is the ones that have a lot of titles and bonus features and etc... once I figured out the problem I started copying only the main movie file and not all the rest of the stuff on the dvd. That seems to work fine.

What I'm trying to do is copy the copies I already made. to re-Aughtor them, but when ever I try to do that using shrink 2.2, It can't read the disk because of the titles. You see Shrink has to read the whole disk before it will let you edit it, but seeing that it can't read the disk, it won't let me edit it either.

I don't just want to copy the dvd, I want to re-aughtor it to get rid of the titles and record the main movie files only.

Thanks

2. colw

colw Active member

If your original backups are crap - you will not be able to reauthor them and retain any quality. You will need to reauthor the originals.