1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-Backing Up Iwo Jima

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by keyrom, May 30, 2007.

1. keyrom

keyrom Member

Need some help on this. I backed up my copy of Iwo Jima, complete with all entities, including English subtitles. I also wanted another back up because I watch it over and over again. I backed up my copy, but I cannot get the subtitles to show. I redid the copy and marked the English subpicture - again no subtitles. How can I copy my copy properly or will I have to back up again my original movie? Also, using a Magnovox DVD player which although cheap plays anything. Is there a specific function on the dvd i need to click? Thank you.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Why the reluctance to use your original to copy?

3. keyrom

keyrom Member

no problem - just happened to have the copy close to me - have the original one boxed up, and thought it would be easier to do the copied one rather than sift through to find the original.

4. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

You may need to turn on subtitles go in to the menue of your DVD player and see if there on.

But if your first copy played in your dvd player with subtitles showing that may not be the problem.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  5. phillyjak

phillyjak Member

I'm trying to backup Letters from Iwo Jima.Everytime I try the backup ends up without sub titles. I have gone into the menu at the beginning of the movie and went to subtitles and click on the "off" selection in the menu ,but it does not change to "on".I'm able to select english from the menu ,it becomes highlighted ,so i know that it is accepting my selection.I then go throughmy normal process(shrink- dvd decrypter) as I have done hundreds of times,but with no success this time.I have about ten new coaster's .PS THE ORGINAL PLAYS WITH NO PROBLEM DOING EXACTLY AS I HAVE STATED ABOVE .NEED SOME HELP

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@keyrom,

just use dvd decrypter to copy a backup.

Mode>ISO>Read(to rip to your HDD) then
    Mode>ISO>Write(to burn to the disk)
    its as simple as that, the two disks should be exactly the same.

@phillyjak,
    Have you tried using VOBBlanker before using shrink, to see if that helps.

7. phillyjak

phillyjak Member

THANKS FOR REPLY "300" BUT THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I'VE BEEN DOING IT AND THE SUBTITLES ARE NOT APPEARING.I'VE GONE THROUGH TEN BLANK DVD'S ALREADY .I've not had a problem with over 200 other dvd's

8. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Try Putting your copy into the computer. Open up SHRINK, then goto open disk, Backup (Full Disk) to your hard drive. Don't Change any settings) Close SHRINK. Open SHRINK. Open Files. Load in the Movie. Goto Backup (Full Disk), Choose your Burner as Target. Then Choose a folder for the Backup Files. then BURN to Disk.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  9. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Instead of wasting discs, why don't you just copy your ORIGINAL DVD?

10. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

11. phillyjak

phillyjak Member

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR REPLY ,BUT, THIS IS EXACTLY THE WAY THAT I HAVE BEEN DOING MY BACKUP . FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON TO ME WHEN COPYING THE ORGINAL THE SUB TITLES ARE NOT BEING TRANSFER TO THE BACKUPDO YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS .ALSO HAVE ANY OF YOU BACKED UP YOUR ORIGINAL.TRYING MY BEST TO FIGURE THIS ONE .HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH OTHER BACK UP'S ,AFTER TRYING IWO JIMA.MAYBE I'M MISSING SOMETHING ,I DON'T KNOWN

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i think it's due to your CAPS LOCK button being stuck on :)

as to the subtitles on this film, no problem for me; i used DVDFab HD Decrypter (free) to rip the movie then used DVD Rebuilder to re-encode the movie - subtitles were fine as i watched the movie a couple days ago. The subtitles would have been fine also, had i used DVD Shrink instead of DVD Rebuilder.

13. phillyjak

phillyjak Member

sorry about the caps did not realize that they would be so annoying. thanks for your input