1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-burning a CD-RW

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Travail, May 28, 2002.

1. Travail

Travail Member

I've run into a problem with some of the CD-RWs that I've burned as ISO and audio CD's. The contents of the RW's have "outlived their usefulness", and I'd like to re-use them. The problem that I'm having is that Easy CD Creator (v3 and v4) refuses to burn them again. Formatting them as CD-RWs in DirectCD and then trying to "re-burn" them in ISO format is not working either. This is happening on both my LG and HP burners.

Now for the question(s): Is there a way to overwrite a CD-RW with Easy CD Creator? If not, do you all know of any other burning software that can (either for Win98 or Linux)?

Thanks!

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I haven't used Easy CD Creator for years (because it sucks), but I am quite sure that there MUST be a function for erasing the disc. Note that I am talking about erasing, not converting the disc to the Direct CD/UDF format.

If you can't find that feature from Easy CD Creator, then you can grab CloneCD which is a great program and has easy access to erasing functions. A smart choice would also be switching from Easy CD to Nero Burning ROM

http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/clonecd.cfm
    http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/nero.cfm

3. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

Travail, what you have done now, is that you have formatted the RW with Direct CD, and then tried to burd data to it with Easy CD creator. Only thing is, that if you format a CD-RW in direct-cd, it is not an empty RW anymore. DirectCD is an packet-writing software, which means, that you can use the RW as a big floppy. You could copy files from your hard drive straight to your RW using windows explorer, therefore, you don't need any burning applications for that. But, if you do want to use the RW normally (as an ISO-CD or audio CD), you just need to erase the CD. Then it's empty, and then you can burn it in Easy-CD.