1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re-burning using nero??

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by zapped, Jul 8, 2007.

1. zapped

zapped Member

hi,
    im using nero 6 to make a back up copy of a movie i purchased at a flea market. this is a burned dvd and i have never had any problem making my backup from those. but this one doesnt even show it has a disk in the drive. it plays fine in regular dvd players and computer but i cannot copy it. Its not encrypted or anything i have dvdfab and it is a copy its self. my friend also had the same problem with a couple of their discs. what do i need to do? what kinda dvd is this?
    thanks for all your help

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Some discs go funny after a while. what brand is it?.

Try playing it on your computer with nero showtime (i don't remember if that's what it's called in 6).

Also try playing it with windows media player.

A good clean of the disc sometimes does the trick too.

And try ripping it with DVD Decrypter

3. zapped

zapped Member

it plays on all the devices on my computer and home systems.
    I also have tried to run it through dvd decrypter to burn and have tried shrink but none work.. dvd decrypter says that there is no disc and any device that you click on to go to that disc finds NO DISC. but media players will play the movie. i just cant back it up..
    what do i need to get to be able to save to hard drive or burn>?
    BTW...IT IS A PHILLIPS DVD-R. THERE ARE 2 OTHER ONES THAT DO THE SAME THING.