1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-connecting the silver ribbon on the PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HomieG, Oct 4, 2003.

1. HomieG

HomieG Guest

I've seen another forum that was related to my question but it said that i couldn't post there anymore.
    My question is: how do you reconnect the silver ribbon for reseting and ejecting the disk tray on the ps2? I had taken the lid off of the ps2 to fix my "disk read error" problems. It was successfull, but it seems that i have to adjust it everytime i play. Anyway, my friend accidently knocked it over and the silver ribbon disconnected from the motherboard (if thats what its called)Ever since, i've been trying to figure out how to do this on my own, since the only other option is paying for a guide or having it fixed at a store. So please help me!

2. djc11369

djc11369 Member

Assuming the cable wasn't damaged...on the connector on the motherboard use your fingernail to lift up on the top of the connector (if I remember right the top is brown in color), its hinged. Once its opened up slide the cable in and push the top back down.