1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re mpg files to dvd-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by THEW1ZARD, Dec 15, 2004.

1. THEW1ZARD

THEW1ZARD Guest

can ne 1 help i have copied a film in mpg format to my hard drive and want to burn it to dvd-r how can i do this?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You can use the guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm , avoiding reading the AVI codec part (AVIcodec, FFDshow) and, probably, the subtitles part (SRT2SUP) part because it's needed only for AVI movies (and therefore it isn't needed for mpegs) and if you want to add subtitles to your DVD-R. Beware: if the MPEG movie resolution is 352x240[288 if it's PAL] already (or 480x480[576 if it's PAL] for a SVCD), using a DVD-R is a waste of money because the resolution of your DVD won't be highter than the one of a standard (S)VCD! (maybe it's only a question of room: 1 80' CD-R = 80' of VCD movie or 40' of SVCD movie; 1 DVD = 1 full movie anyway + suibtitles, if you want to add them).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004