1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re:slayers hard disk

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by skpippins, Mar 18, 2004.

1. skpippins

skpippins Guest

hi guys just want to say thanks again.im up and running slayers now .thought it would never happen.but it worked.one problem i have new hd 120 gig,and works great but when i disable chip i get error 5 code cant use xbox unabled.that means i cant go on xbox live.that hurts i know it can be fixed but not sure how .any help would be very appreciated.thanks again skpippins.what a wonderful world of mods.

2. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

You need to lock your harddrive. An app called configmagic will do it. If the HDD is not locked the M$ bios will not boot it. IF it is locked M$ bios will boot.

3. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks.will do.one other question i have slayers 2.5 i have games on hard drive when im finished playing is there any way to get back to main screen with the controller.or do i have to keep rebooting xbox .

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

If you have an xecuter bios you can hold L R back and start at the same time and it will rebbot from the controller. There are apps to do a bios check out there. You may have to reflash your bios.I suggest using FlashX and xecuter 4981 bios.

5. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks bill all went well.so many damm questions. im reading alot of the stuff out here but wanted to know i put games on xbox to play from hd in xbox. can i use ftp to send them over to pc and make copy on recordable or do i have to have cd in xbox to copy. and the big question.how. i found them in hdloader but theres no names of the games it just has 1-11.those must be the games.jdo i just ftp them over.thanks again.pippins

6. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

The games in Hddloader are numbered. Its hard to tell what the game is. You could tranfser them all but one over and by the process of elmination find out what they are. Or search through the folders and try to guess. If you want to back them up FTP them over and you will have to make a xios of the files. That is an image the xbox can read. A few programs do this, I use XISO many people like craxtion. Look around and you will find the info on these. All games have to be FTP ed to a pc then make an XISO then burn that image t0 a DVD

7. skpippins

skpippins Guest

do you mean game 1 cant be transfered?and i found a program called qwix.do you know anything about that.and thanks for you support,very helpful and qiuckly responsive.

8. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

No to the app you listed. No If you wanted to know what each game folder was you could transfer all the ones out except one and then chech HHFloader abd teh only one there is the one in the folder on the xbox. for a nice source goto google adn type gueux

9. alas

alas Member

qwix is an iso maker/extractor. it's fast becoming very popular as it claims to be the ideal iso program for xbox. been using it and have had no problems.

instead of hdd loader, you can opt to try dvd2xbox instead as it creates a folder named after your game. don't worry, even if you uninstall your game from hdd, your game save will still be there after you load dvd2xbox. after that, you can easily see the game folder and ftp the files over to create your own backup disc.

10. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thank alot everything is working good.do you know where there is tutorial to dvd to xbox.i have one game soulcaliber2 that hddloader cant read it is original disk so i want to use dvd to xbox but it seems to look for a dvd movie or it doesnt see cd.do you know if this game has problems reading in xbox.

11. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

An app for the PC called FlashFXP will let you view the contents of the D: dvd on the Xbox. You will also be able to transfer the over to the PC and burn it after you have made the file into an Xiso.

12. alas

alas Member

@skpippins

you don't need a tutorial for dvd2xbox. just pop in the disc, run the app, press 'a' and choose the drive where you want the game to be copied, and confirm (i think ver 5.5 does this by left+ right trigger and start). btw, included in the dvd2xbox app is a read me file that tells you how to change the settings so you can opt to patch or not patch the game disc when you copy it...suggest you set it to patch automatically so you won't have any problems in the future). another good thing about dvd2xbox is that it shows if all files were copied so you know if there was a screw-up somewhere.

if your disc can't be read by the xbox even if it's an orig disc, then it's probably either the dvd or the dvd drive.

13. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks guys really appreciate your help.

14. dragon13

dragon13 Member

Hi fellows, I just installed Slayer also on my 250gb hdd with F & G folder. I notice that when i transferred my backup games to F, only half of them shows the names the other half show either one letter on combination of letter and symbols. Any ideas what is going on?
    also my emulator games from my previous hdd, where do i need to place them in my new Slayers hdd? F has a Game folder and also in application under F contains a folder Emulator, do they need to go in F:\Games or F:\Apps\Emulators? Thanks in advance