1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RE2/Little Black Book/The Forgotten - Errors & Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mobnole, Jan 18, 2005.

1. mobnole

mobnole Member

I read through the pages and pages of the Resident Evil problem/fix. I tried using VOB Blanker, and I got that to work. Then I proceeded to DVD Shrink, and clicked "Open Files". Here's where I get lost. Everyone else is able to click "Ok", but it's asking me to select an individual file and then click "Open". When I do that, I get a message stating "Cannot decrypt VOBS". Do you know what I'm not doing right?

Now if I use the DVD Decrypter way, where do I get the numbers to create a PSL file? Any fancy way of doing it because I've seen people receiving errors that say "Reason: Line 0 does not contain 'PSL'"? Now, I want to do this with The Forgotten, so the numbers will be different right. Where do you find them?

I appreciate any advice.

2. mobnole

mobnole Member

Ok, so I updated Shrink to the newest version and I can:
    1 - Open Files
    2 - Select Folder
    3 - Analyze Files
    4 - Click Reauthor

Then I read that you're supposed to double click title 1 under the main movie window. Once I do that, it analyzes for a second or two. After that you're supposed to be able to click Backup, but at that point, DVD Shrink freezes and I have to close it. Several attempts, same result. Any suggestions?

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

well, i don't know about the first 2 movies but if u download the newest version of anydvd which was released a couple of days ago, it should help u with the problem on "the forgotten." there is an article about that in the news section. hope it helps.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I tryed DVD Decrypter with forgotten and it didnt work error towords the end of the rip.

Then started AnyDVD and ran DVDShrink and it worked.

So in my case Decrpter didnt work and AnyDVD did.

5. dnegel

dnegel Member

same here.. i can't rip little black book and the forgotten with dvd shrink

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@ dmegel

You have to use the updated version of Decrypter or AnyDVD to do these programs you cant just use DVDShrink

7. mobnole

mobnole Member

fishbulb & larrylje,
    I'll be damned. That worked. I just opened AnyDVD and ran the newest version of Shrink. Worked and looks perfect. Thanks for the advice.

larrylje,
    Any advice once the AnyDVD trial runs out? I haven't quite figured out DVD Decrypter. I don't understand how you use that with Shrink. Anyone have a quick explanation? I don't want to take up too much of anyone's time. Thanks again.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

buy AnyDVD if it works and you like it after the 21 day periode is up.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

10. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

yeah, u should try scubapete's guides. also click on "guides" at the top of the page and look under "DVD-R." everything i've learned about ripping and burning has been from this site and using only FREE programs. and don't worry about taking up anyone's time. we're all here to learn and help each other :).

11. talia777

talia777 Guest

I cannot burn Forgotten no matter what I do. I have the newest AnyDVD, Shrink and Decrypter.

I run decrypter and get an error near the end:

Failed to Patch file. VTS_17_0.IFO
    Invalid IFO/BUP

Shrink eror says:

Error, VTS_03.1 IFO

Anyone have any ideas?

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You have the new AnyDVD? 4.5.5.1? Like I said before I couldnt get DVD Decrypter to rip this DVD but I did get it to work with AnyDVD make sure its running in the background, you should see a red fox in your taskbar.

13. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I got the new version of decrypter to rip "The Forgotten". Noticed that decrypter put 2 blank sectors in at a certain point and then I just opened the file in shrink, reauthored and created an ISO image and burned with decrypter.It plays with a blank screen for a long time so I FF it a little till I saw the opening screen and then hit the play button and it plays beautifully. Had a little trouble finding the files after ripping. They didn't go where I told them.

14. equipgod

equipgod Guest

Bigwop, I have been toying around with The Forgotten all afternoon into this evening. What I found that works the best is while you are in DVD Shrink and using Reauthor, click the START/END feature and open the main movie. Youll see that the numbers jump all over the place in the longggggg black spot in the beginning of the movie. For best results, I clicked the right arrow 2 frames past the end of the long black area and my backups are beautiful ! I hope this helps!

15. Veblin

Veblin Active member

When you Re-author > Main Movie only, on a disc that has this Structure Protection, you should use Start/End Frames settings to remove the blank frames.

The blank frames are the area where the Stucture Protection was. The original disc has an IFO file that skips those blank frames, but the protection is there in those structure protected sectors and causes backup problems unless removed with DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD.

When you Re-author those blank frames are no longer skipped because DVD Shrink rewrites the IFO file. Using Start/End Frames removes those blank frames and writes the IFO file so that it begins where it had been edited to start.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  16. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

When you use re-author for a movie it removes menus. Will the movie auto-play in a stand alone DVD player, or what do you do.

17. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

Reauthor does not seem to work. I have the newest Anydvd and shrink. When I try to open the main movie to use the start/end feature shrink will not advance. As it reads the file, it frezes. Exactly how do you get start/end to run on the main movie off of the DVD.

18. JoshB

JoshB Member

All you have to do for these movies is run Decrypter 3.5.2.0 (new version) then use daemon tools then shrink there your done.....I just don't understand all these problems everyone is having..
    OUT

19. equipgod

equipgod Guest

dontbugme, I didn't use AnyDvd on this movie. All I did was use (updated) Decrypter and saved the ISO image to my hard drive. Then I used DVD Shrink to open the ISO image, then reauthor selecting Title 1. (DVD Shrink did not freeze for me at this point) I used the start/end feature to remove all of the empty black spaces in the begining of the movie and did my backup as normal. I used Nero Recode to burn and it works just fine. After reading your post I tried it again, no issues as im sitting here watching it. If I can offer you more details, settings I use etc, just say the word.

20. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I backed up my original The Forgotten fine. I used DVD Decrypter to copy files to my HD. Then I used Nero 6.6 to compress and burn the movie only.

Now the DVD Decrypter did take approx. 45 min to finish. Which is not normal, but I also hear that this DVD has some new kind of Sony protection so it did take longer to crack it. Just my experience.