1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reactivation of 321Studios Software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jriler, Mar 12, 2004.

1. jriler

jriler Member

I've got DVD X Copy Platinum and now that 321Studios has been torpedoed, who knows whether it will survive? We also don't know what the final judgement will be. It may prohibit the sale and activation of their software.

This is one of the problems with software activation. You pay good money for a product you may be only able to install once. I asked 321Studios about this and the rep said they still had plenty of other products -- they'd be in business. That's the thing with 321Studios and activation. They trust us not to pirate other DVDs, but they don't trust us not to make unauthorized copies of their products.

Is anyone else worried?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2004
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I"m not..there are better free tools than DVD X Copy anyways.....

3. Clinty76

Clinty76 Guest

If you read up in the 321 studios forums their is a post saying that if they ever go out of business they will post a patch to give unlimited activations. This is what they say, but that doesn't mean this will happen. Half of the people still haven't received their damn rebates. So here's hoping.

4. jriler

jriler Member

I'd feel better getting the patch now. I realize there are some free programs out there that actually do a better job, but I still use 321Studios because it reads and writes and reencrypts. It also has a utility for recovering damaged DVDs.

321Studios won't win this in the end. And their software, without the decryption, is like a bucket without a bottom.