1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read Buffer question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Juhnny, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

My "used read buffer" fluctuates from 100% all the way down to zero sometimes when burning a dvd with NERO. I don't recall this happening before. I get burn failures sometimes as well. Anyone know why this might be fluctuating so much?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Do you have all programs off whilst burning? and you do not use the computer for anything whilst it is burning?
    Your CPU needs maximum resources whilst in the burning stage. Are the burn failures due to this buffer problem or the media you are using?
    Is your computer running hot?
    There are many reasons why you are having this problem so that's why I have asked so many questions.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  3. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

no apps are running. dont believe the cpu's hot. I use FUJU 8x dvd-rs so i know its not the media and yes the failures happen when the buffer drops to zero and does not come back up. I'm thinking its my dvd drive. I'm gonna try and clean the lense to see if that works if not I'm just gonna take the comp back to BESTBUY and have have them replace the drive. I didn't get that warranty for nothing!!!!

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

Well it looks like the drive is no good, a friend of mine has just gone through the same thing and he replaced his drive and it fixed the problem.
    Good luck.