1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read Error with Disc Burned by Nero 6.603

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jtloo, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jtloo

jtloo Guest

I downloaded the latest Nero 6.603 two weeks ago. I found that all 10 DVDs I recoded with Nero Recoder and burned to DVD by Nero 6.603 are all unreadable by PowerDVD and all 3 DVD Players at home (Panasonics, Philips, and JVC) and 3 DVD driver on PC (BTC, MadDog and Panasonics) with PowerDVD, Windows Media Player and Nero ShowTime.

All the discs were recoded and burnt without any error or problem. Some of them will play for 10 min and then it will freeze on my TV or on the PC. Some disc were not even recognized by the player.

I suspect it was the problem with the software when Nero could not erase a DVD-RW that failed to play on DVD player. It gave me some error message of "Unable to find track". I first through it was a physical damaged disc. But I see the same error on a new DVD-RW, used once. And I put it on my laptop, I got the same error message. I suspect it was software issue.

So, I uninstall Nero 6.603, downloaded the previous version, 6.3.1.25, recodes the movies, and burn on the same "damaged" disc again; everything works find as it used to be.

It sounds crazy, anyone else encountered that?

JL

2. xp235

xp235 Member

I had the same experience, I suspect it is because the new nero uses a shorter lead in and lead out and most media will not tolerate this at this time. I also was able to burn with the old nero without problems using the same media so something is afoot here!