1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read error with new Samsung 162C (Kreon 1.0) drive - Gears of War

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by david9988, Dec 9, 2007.

1. david9988

david9988 Member

I just received my new Samsung 162C drive yesterday (pre-flashed with Kreon 1.0).

Tried using Schrom to back up my first game, Gears of War, and kept getting an error (something about empty sector, this is normal for Xbox but not Xbox360). I then tried XBC.

XBC does fine until 32.03%. Says it can't read Wargame/CookedXenon/SP_HOS_Scripting/3_LOC_fra.xxx

I have tried multiple times and get the same problem. Tried re-reading and messing with a couple options. I re-flashed it with 1.0 myself to make sure that wasn't an issue as well.

Anybody have any suggestions?

2. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

I wish i could help you, i got this exact same problem then i had to give it back.

3. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

make sure you're using xbc 2.7. try reading at 10x (vs the 12x default). and most importantly, try cleaning the back of the disc. whenever i've gotten read errors, it's usually because the disc is scratched or dirty. goodluck.

4. StanLane

StanLane Guest

i get that error a lot, no idea what causes it, think tyler is right about the dirty or scratched disk.