1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read Errors-DVD Decrypter-IFOEdit?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Boofer, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Boofer

Boofer Member

I tried to Decrypt an extremely scratched disc, even trying to clean it and polish it with Scotch's magic Disc Scratch Remover. I can't get past one patch and it stops continually with sector read errors.

My problem is that I believe the good parts decrypted just fine and I would like to be able to just use them to create an image or movie DVD. DVD Shrink won't accept a partial because it expects to see that bad VOB and everything after it. Could I fool DVD Shrink into believing that what it was being presented was the total file base? Perhaps edit the last file not to point beyond it?

Is there some tool (perhaps IFOEdit) to take those presumed good files and create the image or movie DVD?
    If so, how would I go about that?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you could set dvd decrypter to ignore read errors.

3. Boofer

Boofer Member

It offers that option after about the fifth "ignore error", but that's not really a viable choice since it went all night and still was choking through the next morning. If the files equate to a DVD5, then I can just burn them via Nero. If larger I need to compress. Any way to pull them into Recode 2 or DVD Shrink to get it done?

Thanks.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

tools-settings-i/o. under options, set software read errors to 1 and click ignore read errors.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Ifoedit will do it providing you have the valid VTS.ifo and the VOBS related to it.

I cannot remember exactly what you do (as I haven't used it for ages).

You can go to http://www.ifoedit.com they have guides etc there....

Hope it helps....

6. Boofer

Boofer Member

Thanks to all for your input.

I poked around the IFOEdit webpage and tried some things, but went back and retried something with DVD Shrink that did the job. The problem was that (using DVD Decrypter) a scratched DVD had forced me to save an incomplete, error-ridden file as Title 2. The DVD consisted of 12 titles, but anything after Title 1 was extra.

Opening DVD Shrink and trying "Open Files" gave me an error at Title 2 (VTS_02_0.IFO) because the file was incomplete. Going to "Re-author" dropped down the file structure where I was able get to C:/DVD/ROOT which displayed the Title Menus, VTS 1, and Title 1...the movie itself. I dragged the Title 1 over to the left and proceeded to burn as normal. Problem solved!

Boofer