1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

read errors on disc verify in nero 12

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by andrea1, May 3, 2014.

1. andrea1

andrea1 Member

Hi
    Using Nero 12 Platinum with Windows 7 Ultimate. The burning process seems to go okay, but when verifying, all I get up on the screen are read errors it seems from start to finish and the disc can't be read at all.

It has happened every time so far. As far as I know my drivers are up to date. Nothing is telling me they aren't. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the cause of this. Seems I'm only burning coasters, because the discs don't seem to be wiped properly either when I come to burn them again.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
    Andrea

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.

Did as you suggested above. Same thing happened in Nero, so I burned the file in Imgburn. Its an .exe file Im trying to burn.

Came across this when verifying the burn, which never happened in Nero:

I/O Error

Device 1:0:0
    Scsi Status 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: BE 00 00 00 00 E1 00 00 01 10 00 00

Interpretation: Read CD - Sector 225

Sense Area F0 00 03 00 00 00 E1 0A 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: No seek complete

The disk verify failed.

I hope this means something to someone, because Im at a total loss, Im afraid. From that first bit of the message I could take a guess and say it looks like theres trouble/conflict with the drive itself, but if so, what, and how to fix it??

Thanks for the help so far and in advance for any forthcoming.
    Andrea

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  2. attar

attar Senior member

If the Nero logs aren't offering any clues, I would download and run ImgBurn.
    Click 'Write files/folders to disc' then select 'Tools' > 'Drive' > 'Erase disc'.
    Insert the RW disk and select a Quick format.

Try the disk in Nero again.

If the result is a bad burn, instead of burning with Nero, try burning the authored file folder in ImgBurn (I assume it's the VIDEO_TS folder for a DVD movie) - ImgBurn will offer to erase the disk before burning.

Look for older version 2.5.0.0 there are no toolbars or adware.
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImgBurn/old-versions#download

Last edited: May 3, 2014