1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read errors when copying copies......please help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dfalcon, Feb 16, 2005.

1. dfalcon

dfalcon Member

Greetings folks. New to this forum and am in need of a little help.

I'm new to DVD ripping and burning. So far I've been very successful and am having fun with it.

I started by finding DVD Decrypter and Shrink from this site and following the brief tutorial Doom9.

Yesterday I decided to make a backup of a backup, and I'm getting read errors at the end of the process. Seems to always be at 96%.

I've tried ripping copy first and copying disc to disc with several different movies. I was able to do SAW last night but I went to make a 2nd copy of Million Dollar Baby to loan to a co-worker and it didn't work. I am getting a read error everytime during the ripping process.

I was wondering what could be happening. Does the DVD get closed in any way once you burn it? Maybe there is a setting on Decrypter I've missed?

Sorry for it being so long I just wanted to be thorough.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

You didnt mention what kind of media your using, or how fast your burning, so those would be the first things i'd look at.
    Buy good media, and slow down your burn speed, if possible.Also change you target size, in dvd shrink to around 4300 give or take.
    good luck
    jD

3. dfalcon

dfalcon Member

I'm sorry. Here I thought I was being thorough. (Amateur hour)

Well here's the thing....I can't even get it to the DVD SHRINK point of the process. Copied DVD's won't rip to the hard drive. So there is nothing for SHRINK to open.

Media wise:
    Fuji 8X 4.7gb DVD-R
    Burned at 6X using Nero through DVD SHRINK

So your thinking the problem lies in the original burning process?

Thank you

4. hursty

hursty Active member

the error sounds like it is coming from the copy you started with,the only thing i can suggest,is transfering it on your HD with decrypter,and tick the "ignore read errors tab"
    tools>settings>i/o>error tab

5. dfalcon

dfalcon Member

I ticked that ignore read error tab and went to bed last night.

when i woke i checked the pc and found that it was still @ 96% completion and i had ignored all errors and logged over 9K retries.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

you have a bad disc then,for a last resort the only thing left to do is to play back the movie to see if there is a bad spot,if there is,you can remove it using shrink in reauthor mode,right click,select start/end frames,and select the start and end points.
    whether it will allow you to remove the bad frames i am not sure,as i have never used this option,

with kind regards hursty