1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read errors when copying image to PC

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by CrymsonX, Oct 5, 2004.

1. CrymsonX

CrymsonX Member

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but i did a search, and i read the posts and i couldnt find anything helpful.

Im trying to make a backup copy of Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color for the PS2. Its a dvd backup of around 2.4G. Whenever i try to copy or read the file to an image file on my hard drive, i get read errors, and it aborts the process. I have tried using Nero 6, Alcohol 120%, and DVDDecrypter, all with the same result. It will start the extraction, but when it gets to 7%, it starts making wierd noises, and the read speed drops to 0. DvdDecrypter tried the hardest, as it retried about 55 times on the read error before aborting. This is the first DVD backup ive ever tried to make, so im not sure what might be causing this. A Copy protection/bad info on the disc setup to cause this purposefully? Any help that you guys can give or suggestions on how to bypass this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

check the source disc for scratches and finger prints, you could try cleaning the disc and see if that helps

3. CrymsonX

CrymsonX Member

Thanks for the quick reply,

I did a once over look at the dvd and didnt see any scratches, and i cleaned it just in case. But it still gave me the read errors. Any other ideas? Thanks again

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

can't think of anything else at the moment apart from telling the burning software to ignore the error and see if you get a working backup, could be that the orignal disc contains a manufacturing defect and no mater what you try you will get read errors

5. CrymsonX

CrymsonX Member

Yeah i kind of feared that might be the case... Maybe i can rent a copy and see if it does the same thing, or see if any of these backup sites have managed to back it up.... I appreciate your help though. If you or anyone can think of anything else, please let me know...