1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read Errors with my Discs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Animesing, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Animesing

Animesing Member

I have an xbox 360 with xecuter blaster360 installed and i flashed my samsung m25 or m28 i cant remember. When i burned my backup games and play them on the xbox, they do one of the following:

Take forever to read the disc.

When it does recognize the disc that is in there it starts the game up but then shuts off because it says that it cant read the disc.

A few times it says to put in an xbox 360 disc.

Now when i put the disc in i can hear the drive as though it is trying to read the disc but then you can hear the disc slow down and the drive to stop reading the disc which results in causing an error when the game starts up. I have tried my original non-backup discs and they work with no problem. I have also used 2 different types of DVD+R DL discs. I have also tried burning different games to see if there was a specific game that was messing it up, but it wasnt. A couple of times i have been able to play the games for no longer than 5 minutes but that is all i can get out of them b4 the drive tries to stop reading the disc.

Any suggestions?

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

What type of media are you using for backups?
    Does it read original xbox games?
    It displays all the symptoms of a bad laser to me.
    A pot tweak could work but more than often doesnt

3. Animesing

Animesing Member

i used some HP and Office Depot discs and yes it does play original xbox games.

4. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Thats more than likely your problem. I know those are probably cheap to buy but cheap says it all. If you dont want any trouble buy the verbatim dvd dl discs.

5. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

If you are stubborn and dont want to do that try pot tweaking your laser slightly. That may make them work again.

6. Animesing

Animesing Member

ok. well i just bought some verbatim discs, hopefully taht will do the trick. Now i have to wait for them to be shipped. :(

7. Fuith

Fuith Member

I get the same problem with Verbatim discs, I'll try recalibrating the pots though.

8. Animesing

Animesing Member

well i just found out that it is not the discs that are the problem. It is still not reading the discs correctly. So what else might be the problem?

9. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

are you using labels??

10. Animesing

Animesing Member

labels?

11. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

like labeling the disc with a cd cover or printing to the disc kind of thing.

12. Animesing

Animesing Member

what does that have to do with my problem now?

13. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

well labels will put your disc way off balance and will cause that error to. That was my problem and it took a while but then i got lazy and stopped putting labels on..... and guess what all of my games played as originals would. So then i ripped all the labels off of the games that wouldn't work and now I have Great games that are labelessss