1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

READ if you get "Initializing..."

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ophAze, Mar 13, 2005.

1. ophAze

ophAze Member

For those of you who have tried several times to get passed the neverending "Initializing..." stage on your phone skin setup, the answer can be oh so simple. ALL you have to do, is switch USB ports.. YUP, thats all. Might sound stupid, but after spending several minutes tampering with every possible thing on my phone. For those who have more than one port, if you switch it, it will work. BUT !! remember the order setup. Turn on phone --> Plug mini-usb to phone --> plug USB end to your computer. If this method works for you, please reply and say so. I have a friend who works with motorola network sets who is assisting me with all problems. Thank you, and i hope it works for you !!

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

ophAze

u r deadly right coz that happent to me once but i didnt take any note about, u know...

3. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

ophAze, you hit the nail on the head. plug cord into phone, THEN into computer, otherwise the freakin thing goes in and out of detection. Motorola needs to come up with a better connection between their cables (including chargers) and their phones.