1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

READ IN FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BURN AVI/MPG TO DVD-R FOR STANDALONE PLAYERS!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cyanideg, Nov 5, 2002.

1. cyanideg

cyanideg Guest

go here: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/vcd_to_dvd-r.cfm

this page is very usefull if you already have the mpg file. Step by step walkthrough with all the nessecary software for burning. If you need to convert the avi file to an mpg, then just use tmpegenc to do this. ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO e-MAIL ME. ** No email address in forum. Please read the forum rules **

also your avi file must have uncompressed auido before it can be converted into a mpg file. Use avi2vcd to accomplish this(app comes with a file called uncompress.exe) you use this file to uncompress the avi files audio. Its really not that hard to do. I spent less than a day figuring out from square one, compressed avi, to a finished dvd-r playable on any dvd player!!! let me know if you guys have troubles!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2002
  2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

(WheW!) - What a nightmare! I got temporarily stuck in the finnish a/D site and couldn't get out!!! I got back in here (believe it or not), via a link from a "Google" web search to this thread !!

(OK), cyanideg, did you ever actually burn any of your mpgs to a dvd, and get them to play back on a standalone? I read the article too, but instead, made up a bunch of vcd-compliant tv shows, but with the necessary 48kHz sampling rate for the mp2 audio track. How do I author these puppies onto a dvd?

Have you ever done it? I split my TMP-made (ripped from dvds) tv shows into their .m1v and .mp2 counterparts. The a/D article leaves off at this point. I *think* infoedit can do it (create all the necessary vobs, bups, and ifos), but how duzz I DO it?

How how how how how how how now brown cow?

Thankee.

-- Mike --