1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

read the stickys and still cant figure it out

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zanev, Feb 10, 2007.

1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Find the manufacturer support site and see if there is a later version of the software. Download it if there is and install the new firmware. Don't let the power go off while doing it.

What are the model names for your drives, including the way that Nero Infotool has them listed.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Have u had this dvd burner for awhile?

I believe this is the firmware for ur burner, looks like ur firmware is very,very,very old, the newest version is 0251
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1653

just follow the instructions that come with it.

PS looking at how old ur firmware is the new one will probably help with those not so good blank media, and maybe why u burned at 1x is becuz weren't able to burn any higher.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  3. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

im still amazed at the level of help the members on this site are. im so glad i found this site.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

We try to Git-R-Done. ;) Glad you're enjoying the site.

5. zanev

zanev Member

This firmware can be used on below drives :
    (1) DVDRW IDE1004 .
    Drive model doesn't match!
    Check Sum : 406E
    Please wait a minute.....
    Execute command errorA!! 5/20/ 0
    Flashing is incorrect!!

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm still wondering what brand and model the burner is and you guys are tracing firmware by Recorder: <DVDRW IDE1004> Version: 0039 . Is there a factory support site for this burner or not?

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ pacman777,

I googled DVDRW IDE1004 and some of the brands were BTC and Emprex, i looked under Emprex and they didn't have anything close to the model number, so i looked at BTC and the model number was there.

@ zanev,
    Is this an OEM drive or did u buy it seperate?

If u still have the box look and see what model number it is.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

IO Magic also has a drive with the same designation. They have support and firmware downloads. A person has to figure which drive they have. If an IO this page will help. It even has directions on how to ID the drive and install the firmware.
    http://www.iomagic.com/Firmware/FirmwareDownload.html

9. zanev

zanev Member

polaroid ide1004

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Good luck.

11. FredBun

FredBun Active member

zanev, if all else fails or some of the other ways are to complicated, try the trail version of anydvd and clone2, its free for 21 days.

12. noinsults

noinsults Member

I have image burn, but have no idea how to use it. Can you please give me some tips or directions to the guide.

Thanks

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Okay, Imageburn is a good start. Let's set up DVD shrink to support it. Take the exe file from the download and replace the one in the installed Shrink ver 3.2.0.15.
    http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=423&ssid=0&did=7
    Follow the instructions included. Then Install DVD Decrypter ver 3.5.4.0. You can get DVD Decrypter at http://www.MrBass.org . With Shrink and DVD Decrypter loaded, you're ready to install RipIt4Me to handle the copy protection problems. Use the installer program to install the first time. Zip files are for updates http://www.ripit4me.org . To sum up, you will have RipIt4Me to handle decryption and copy protections. You have Shrink for transcoding and with the replaced file supports ImgBurn as a auto burn option. Set the ImgBurn option in Shrink and the transition from transcoding to the burn process is seamless. When installed properly, this whole method is seamless and easy to do. Plus it handles the latest copy protections with ease. Open imgburn and set the burn speed before first use. Start at 4X.

If you have a media - drive conflict, it won't matter how good your software setup is, you can't get the video output burned. Till now I've never heard of a polaroid drive and don't have a clue where you can find support for it to check on firmware. Use the burn system I suggested and see if it works. Use good media, I suggest Sony +R. If this doesn't work, you're looking at other problems to solve. That is if you do the installation correctly and use the software correctly.

Open DVD in RI4M and select 1-Click, let it read, when Next appears click it. The files will open in Shrink after RI4M finishes (about 20-25 min). Then use Shrink according to regular instructions. Be sure to select ImgBurn as the burn option. You should have alread had burn speed set in ImgBurn. Not much user input to mess thing up and even less after the initial setup and run.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007