1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

READ THIS for GTA SA disk read fixing

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Nastea, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Nastea

Nastea Member

ive had many problems playing a backup of this great game but now it works perfect...let me tell you how i did it and hopefully it will help you.

i first burned the paranoid verision of the game using nero 4x and it woulndt even boot...i tried many things until i burned it with alcohol at 2x and it did boot

the next problem was disk error and load times
    i cleaned the lense..didnt help i adjusted the laser height and it got rid of the disk error msg

however very long load times and steets and stuff not being drawn in was very annoying...to fix this a problem i see many people are having all i did was adjust to lense angle and simple quarter turn of the screw fixed this...now my load times are super fast and im not running into invisible buildings lol...hopefully this helps all of u cause i kno how annoying it is to wanna play this awesome game but having these problems...go here http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm if u need intruction on adjusting laser height/angle....enjoy all :)

EDIT: DVD Decrypter works better then Alcohol, use it instead
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]One Love[/small]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  2. Stoan

Stoan Member

Raised or lowered? Same for the angle.

3. thunder55

thunder55 Member

I adjusted my cog two clicks clockwise and it seems to work better. But it still freezes occasionally, not to mention disc read errors.

Should I bother doing Part two of the "adjusting lens angle" article? Did you? It says the factory angle should be fine.

4. Stoan

Stoan Member

i did the cogwheel thing and load times seem to be better although i still have lagginess.

5. thunder55

thunder55 Member

I have a feeling we also need to do the "Tangential Skew adjusting" method in part two of that article.

6. Nastea

Nastea Member

i adjusted the cog about 12 clicks up...so counter clockwise...the lense angle i also changed higher, up according to the website...turning the screw clockwise...

i kno it says "factory setting should be fine" that made me question changing it...but i tried and it helped so give it a try...

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

My loading times are fine but i get disc read errors. does the height fix this or is it the angle or is it both.