1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

READ THIS -- Forum Rules

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by darthnip, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

2. GregI

GregI Guest

lol sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet full house

3. umug

umug Regular member

A good idea, but...........

There should be a rule that everyone reads the rules, but then everyone would need to read the rule that tells them that they need to read the rules.

[​IMG]

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Instead of something stupid I have an intelligent question which I would like some clarification on..

Concerning Xbox modchip hacked bios files.

On most of the sites world wide it is considered illegal to link to or even discuss hacked xbox bios files. I am surprised to find this is not the case at Afterdawn where I have found various links to download such, and discussion on what to do with the said "illegal" software.

I just want a bit of an understanding as to why it is different here, from say xbox-scene or Llamma.

Thanks.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

it isn't different here, posting links to illegal files is in serious violation of the rules. when we find these links we delete them and usually ban the person who posted them. if you see illegal links just use the "report offensive post" feature.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi..Great, but does that include links to sites that may or may not have dodgy files on them.such as piratebay.or just direct links to specific (for instance) xbox bios files

So that a post like this is ok if it's maybe something I'm not sure if it's legal or not to download

You may be able to find somethin like that at...or...try having a look at this site... www.somesiteorother.met

Whereas?..(sorry very late spelling gone..duh!) this isn't

Its here dude!!
    www.anastytorrentsite.nut/downloads/torrents/xbox/veryspecificnamedbiosfile

Just to be clear because I sometimes have to point people at legal stuff like xbox linux files which are totally legal, and I know exactly which file they need, then the second method is OK?

Thanks for the clear answer earlier.. I just need to clarify as the rules are different everywhere I go..

But it is OK to discuss the usage of these files and in a general way how to install them, even if apart from the source of the files the instructions for using them are qutie explicit??

Thanks..I just want to really know so I don't get in trouble for trying to help someone out..

7. GregI

GregI Guest

its hould be legal if u own the game but ur game is scratched and cant be read by pc or ps2.

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Not the question I'm asking...I know it is legal to backup something you own (with certain understanding of the permissions for use of the backup and and the legal requirements if you dispose of in any way the faulty or damaged original)What I'm asking is for clarification of some of the finer points of the "posting of links" rules..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.