1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading/Burning XBOX 360 Backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by schueygod, Mar 21, 2007.

1. schueygod

schueygod Guest

Hi Guys, This is a bit of a long winded story but i really need help!

My old PC died on me (Dell Dimension with Pioneer DVD 111D) which i used to use to backup my original XBOX 360 games. I used the latest version of clone cd and when placing a backup ive already done in it used to extract the game and create 2 files.

I would then go to write mode and open the DVD file, the layer break would appear and i'd burn the game always with success.

Then i got a new pc and Clone cd appears to work but when i go to burn now the layer break has dissappeared and all i get is "info on image file:3697696" when it used to come up automatically with the layer break. Sometimes i get "cannot find specified path"

I am doing everything exactly the same, using clone cd with Pioneer 111d even tried 112d but th backups once burned do not work in my 360 when they were faultless before.

Strange thing is i read the game on another pc and do the same things and it works.

Can anyone tell me why its not working on my pc.

Ive even tried Imgburn with the step by step guide and it doesnt work either.

Is there some settings i could try with clone cd? It seems to be the layer break which it is not pick up.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

just put the game in and use nero to make a 1 to 1 copy, if im reading correctly your trying to backup a backup right?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if your just burning then IMGburn V2.1 will work fine.
    You just have to set the layer break, It is the same for all 360 games.
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

not sure which IMGburn you have but people have reported problems when burning 360 games with the newer version.
    Xbox Backup Creator can also burn them (and make 1:1 copies from an original disc if you invest in the Samsung SH-D162C (IDE) or SH-D163A (SATA) DVD-Rome drive on Ebay.

4. schueygod

schueygod Guest

yes guys, im trying to backup a copy of a copy but the layerbreak doesnt appear on cloned cd on my pc but does on my sons pc. Same version too. Tried image burn both the new version and older version but they still dont play in my xbox

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use nero to make a 1 to 1 copy, it will layer break at the right time and everything you dont need to do anything

6. schueygod

schueygod Guest

ok so lets say i have an image file of a game and a dvd file. If i use nero do i have to go to recorder, burn image, and open the dvd file? do i need to set it dvd.iso or dvd.udf etc first?

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you have the .dvd file and everything then use xbox backup creator, but to save time of making those files just open nero and click data then click copy dvd and make a 1:1 copy and save time of ripping stuff to your computer...

8. schueygod

schueygod Guest

only got 1 dvd-/+rw drive in my pc. Could you recommend a way of burning the .dvd file in nero? ps: do appreciate all your effort in helping me.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

umm, i wouldnt use nero for that, only for 1 to 1 copys but you can use xbox backup creator, it works pretty well

10. schueygod

schueygod Guest

dont suppose you could post a link to xbox creator could you and any settings i need to use?