1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reading copied ps2 cdi disks but not copied dvd!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bondbird, Nov 15, 2004.

1. bondbird

bondbird Guest

would love some help here please...my ps2 is chipped and def plays copied cdi disks..i have made copies of rayman 3 and fur fighters onto dvd using dvd decryter and alcohol 120% but they wont play....i use region x to play copied games ..i insert disk when region x is on and wait 10 seconds and press start which usually works fine for cdi's...it sounds like the laser does read the disk but nothing happens. This is my 1st time using copied dvd's to my ps2 its a SCPH-35003 serial i am not sure what chip it is as i had it given to me...i am using datasafe dvd+r disks. Seems i am doing something wrong here. would appreciate some help

Bondy

2. jpnevo

jpnevo Member

your ps2 got the DRE problem. This problem is for the old ps2 that has been playing for a long time.

3. shinobi18

shinobi18 Member

I have exact problem mate.

Can play PS1 games that are on CDR but anything burned onto a DVD will not work.

I got Neo12 modchip on my v10 PS2, no idea what problem is, really annoying me now!!

Been reading around- gonna perhaps try some DVD-R rather than DVD+R's

4. bondbird

bondbird Guest

what is this DRE you mention..i have not come accross this before...yeah i did hear that dvd-r work on older models rather than the dvd+r...i had ordered the dvd-r but unfortunitly the company sent me dvd+r...well if you try that let me know if it works, i'd rather spend a few quid on other disks rather than buying a newer ps2

Bondy

5. shinobi18

shinobi18 Member

Mine is newer - V10-, and still no joy.

Will let you know how I get on