1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading DRV +RW on my laptop

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by paulhenny, Nov 18, 2002.

1. paulhenny

paulhenny Member

I've bought a Phillips DVD 880 +RW recorder. I recorded on to a Phillips +RW disk , and can watch it on a different DVD player. However when I try to play it on my Compaq Armada M700 laptop using InterVideo Win DVD software the disk is not even recognised. Any answers ??

Last edited: Nov 18, 2002
  2. ThePimp

ThePimp Guest

I have the same problem with my samsung GT8000 laptop. However, it works fine on my Dell latitude C510 laptop. There is a 12 month difference in age between the two laptops. The Dell is less than 6 months old.

Perhaps you could upgrade the firmware of your laptop DVD drive. I have read that most incomptabilities are due to differences in the reflectivety of the disk types and the expected reflectivety of the Drive. Apparrently firmware upgrades can resolve this.

I have not bothered to try this, as I can simply use the Dell.

3. harvey713

harvey713 Member

Pimp's on target. It could be a firmware problem, related to your media. Upgrade your firmware, if possible. If that doesn't work, look at the media.