1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reading errors ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Atom_224, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

I have tried to make an image of my Ratchet 2 dvd and it keeps giving me read errors and aborting. I have tried 3 different programs and two different drives. The dvd does not look too scratched at all. I have had similar trouble with a couple of movies (including a brand new dvd). The thing is the game plays fine all the way through. Why on earth would the dvd burner on my pc be more sensitive to scratches than the players/ps2? I have a NEC2500a. Has anyone else ran it to this? Are some drives better at reading? Just wondering, I might trash this burner and get a Plextor.

thanks,

Atom

2. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

you said you used 2 different drives.so unless you got 2 bad drives you might get a new one.if they ran on the same pc you might think about fine tuning your pc.and more important,what 3 progs did you use?

the pc aborts disc when you first put in pc?or when you run thru prog?

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Are you using dvd decrypter?
    If it still getting errors, it must be scratched too bad.

I also use dvd decrypter and have only had 1 disks come
    up with errors and the original i was trying to copy,
    was scratched.

Good luck.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

A. What programs r u using?

B. Do you have access to a buddys computer to try it out on?

5. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

yeah, i used blindwrite, alcohol & dvd decryptor. I have concluded the dvd is bad , but it doesn't look scratched. There must just be some part that the pc doesn't read correctly. It happened with the movie The girl next door also. I suppose dvd players and ps2 are just used to skipping when there is a read error. They don't keep trying to reread the area with an error. By renting a different copy of the game/movie , I have got it to work.

thanks for all the answers.

Atom

6. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

UPDATE: tried a different Ratchet dvd and it worked fine. Some dvd have minor flaws (not visible to eye or players) that cause the dvd burner to halt. Oh well, only happened a few times.

Atom

7. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

use a disc repair product to resurface your disc.alot of those products dont work too good,but they usually repair minor scratches.sorry,but i have no idea which repair solution works the best.the one i have works like crap.i got one of those memorex machines that look like a portable discman.