1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading Speed

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by goozy, Aug 22, 2004.

1. goozy

goozy Member

Sony viao grv680 dvd/cd optical drive laptop and a lite-on 870 external burner. I am running Nero 6. My problem is that i have tried to burn disc to disc and the media that i'm using{4x and 8x ridata} call for me to burn it in 15min with 4x and under 10min with 8x. But no matter what kind of media i put in it burns at 2x's which is 30minutes. Im thinking and it should be reading from my laptop 3to 4 times faster than the external. The Roxio 6. burns to the hardrive at the correct speed{4x 15min} need help.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That can be a problem in of itself.

If I'm understanding you correctly you're trying to do a disc to disc copy from your laptop's internal drive to the external Lite-On, correct?

So is the problem that your external burner won't burn any faster than 2X?

Your post was rather confusing. If you could elaborate on your problem and explain in more detail I can better help you :)

3. goozy

goozy Member

right, the external is burning at 2x. i have the the 2.0 usb so the external is burning at full speed. but not in Nero

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If you're burn speeds are only a problem when using Nero and you're using Nero to do an on the fly copy then I'd say that your system can't support that type of burning any faster than 2X.

Try unchecking the on the fly option in Nero so it makes a temporary image on the hard drive. Then see what happens.