1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready to throw dvd burner out the window! Help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by marti1016, Aug 5, 2007.

1. marti1016

marti1016 Member

I'm not sure if this is the right thread. This is my first ever post on here. But i'm pretty desperate! I have a Lite-On dvd burner. It has been working awsome for a couple months. But all of a sudden dvd decrypter is giving me an error. It says 'Device not ready (No reference position found)'. I have no clue what this means! I am not doing anything different. I use dvdflick to convert my torrents to .ISO and then use dvd decrypter to burn it. I am so lost as to why it suddenly stopped working. I'll give more details of they are needed! Thanks in advance! :0)

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

have you tried closing and re-starting the program?

have you tried re-installing the driver for your burner?

have you tried using IMGburn(made by same person and a better burner than decrypter) instead of decrypter?

what brand of blank media are you using?/whats the MID info?

Is the media in the burner?/ and does it recognize the blank media?

Is your firmware up to date? you can check with decrypter by going to
    TOOLS>DRIVE>check for firmware update

3. sjshelton

sjshelton Member

The Lite-On external burner 8x type is a nice burner. Trying using DVDfab www.dvdfab.com(much easier and user friendly software). I wasn't that impressed with the speed of the decrypter program. Make sure you check the type of media disc you are using and the type speed of media. Some cheaper brand manufacturer media discs don't run well with some burners. Make sure your firmware is updated on your OS. Little things make the burner much more productive.