1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Player vs Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by convoy71, Dec 21, 2010.

1. convoy71

convoy71 Member

DVD movies will play in Windows Media Player, but they will not play in Real Player which is current download from website. There is a message about screen resolution adjustment. Months ago the pc would perform "an automatic adjustment from windows standard to windows basic resolution" when playing a dvd. But now there is no automatic adjustment. And although WMP will play dvds, Real Player keeps bringing up message about screen resolution.

I have tried all types of adjustment in control panel. Can anyone help me. I dont think it has anything do with drivers, if WMP will play dvds.

Also, after I first download RMP it did play dvds, but stopped after 1-3 plays and started showing that resolution message.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ditch em both.. they are both nasty forms of spyware reporting exactly what you watch to all kinds of scumbag marketing companies and the media mafia cartel ..

get and use vlc

3. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Windows Media Player can't play anything. Real Player isn't that good, and is really slow.

Like the post before me, use VLC. If not VLC, then KM Player is a good choice too. Can't go wrong with either one, though most people will lean towards VLC.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. keebles

keebles Regular member

try vlc, you can run dvds and other formats in it