1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Slow DVD burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brandfire, Apr 12, 2007.

1. brandfire

brandfire Member

I have been able to download movies on to my hardmdrive using dvd shrink with anydvd running in the background. I am also using Nero as my burning program. The dvd burner is the one that came with my HP Pavilion. It is supposed to be a 16 speed burner but when set to max. it will only burn at 4 speed. It takes almost 30 min. to burn a disk. My friend has a 16 speed burner w/ nero and can burn the same disk in about 6 to 7 min. Using Sony and Maxell DVD -R disk. Any help in speeding up the burning process?

2. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Could be your media? What media are you using? What do you have your burining software set at (burn rate?) Also your computer could have switched to PIO in the device manager instead of ultra DMA.Go to the Device mamager (control panel,admin tools,computer management then device manager on the left,then open IDE/Ata/atapi controllers and check the Primary and secoundary drop downs (then check advanced settings)
    Hope this helps,
    J

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Here is a guide how to check if your DMA is the transfer mode
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/260038
    burning at 4x should only take around 13-15mins

It depends on the media you are using to be able to burn any higher, plus what firmware you have.

Good rule of burning though is burn half of what the rated speed is of the media