1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reallocation Failed

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by suede1976, Apr 23, 2005.

1. suede1976

suede1976 Guest

I have been trying to burn The notebook DVD-R to disk and when i use nero, i get a warning that the DVR-R file reallocation has failed. It seems the File VTS_03_5.VOB is missing?

When i mount the image file to alcohol or daemon the dvd plays fine. I also tried dvd copy platinum from the imaginary drive and it didn't work.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

have you tried to rip it again? I don't think you will be able to do anything with what's on your hard drive right now, but I might be wrong.

3. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

if all the movie files are there try to burn it if you have a rw disc i have had a couple of movies say that but i burn the anyways and they play fine.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Wow. I must've jinxed myself cause I just got that error twice in a row on 2 different movies, and I'd never seen it before. Did some research, found there's many different causes for this. Tried to fix the IFO files using IFOEdit. It said they were fixed and replaced, but I still get the errors in Nero. I'm burning them anyways. Hopefully they play. I don't feel like wasting another 2 hours encoding using Rebuilder/CCE.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

OK, now I've burned 3 movies and got this same error, but I've watched 2 of them and they play OK. So my advice is the same as rhino's, burn em anyway.