1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Annoying GTASA problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lckobrth, Nov 2, 2004.

1. lckobrth

lckobrth Member

Went and bought Grand Theft Auto San Andreas the day it came out, and I played it for two days until my disc was heinously damaged in an accident. So, I grudgingly went and bought it again. This pissed me off, so I looked into backup games. So I got my swap magic and slide tool, and copied my new disc. I used Maxell 4x DVD+R with my Plextor PX-712A and burned it at 8x.

Loaded it up and everything went flawlessly with the swap... it loaded right up with no BS whatsoever. But when it came time to load my old game (about 40% through the game!!!) it says "Load Failed! Check memory card in memory card slot 1. Now restarting game."

Then it proceeds to leave me at the very beginning of the game.

Now,when I play the game from the beginning again, and save my new progress, it's fine with loading that up. Anyone have any insight into why this happened or how I can play my old save game off my backup now?

2. Stoan

Stoan Member

What exactly happened to the first game?

3. lckobrth

lckobrth Member

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what happened to the disc. I'm assuming the PS2 got hit at some point, though I don't recall. There's what looks like a big fat scratch (though it kinda looks like a smudge too) all the way around the outside edge of the disc. I was playing and it just kept locking up, and that's when I found it.

After I bought it the second time, I immediately copied it to my computer's hard drive with DVD Decrypter, and I started playing it on that second disc that I bought, so it really baffles me why it would refuse to load on the burned copy.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004