1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REALLY confused

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by robnyt, Dec 26, 2004.

1. robnyt

robnyt Member

Using NeroVision Express 3 to burn video onto a DVD+R (4.7gb/120 min - Data & Video) disc. Starts with one of two options: Make: DVD Video OR DVD Video (VR). I chose the 1st. Then "Add Video Files" and open file I want which gives me the following msg:

Your project currently exceeds the capacity of a normal DVD, but still fits onto a DVD-9 disc. You need a DVD-9 media to record your project on.

Do you want to have the project quality reduced automatically so that your project will fit into the available space? If you click No, the project size will be expanded to DVD-9.

If I click [bold]NO[/bold] I get:

Your project contains more PAL than NTSC material, but will be encoded in NTSC if you use the current settings. Do you want to change the settings to PAL, so that your project will be encoded in the video mode that matches the majority of the project's contents?

Do I want yes or no here? ALSO, when I click NO it changes from "Burn" the project to "Write".

OR do I go back to the DVD-9 question and click [bold]YES[/bold]?

As you can see, I'm VERY confused and just want to make a quality DVD. TRULY as newbie as you can get. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. robnyt

robnyt Member

NOW it's even weirder because I tried the process again and am no longer given the "DVD-9" YES or NO option. It automatically goes to the NO option. What's going on here?