1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really frustrating problem with dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by angelo3, Oct 24, 2004.

1. angelo3

angelo3 Member

i did the guide on this site for dvd decrypter but on one .vob file of the dvd the program cannot decrypt it fully. it keeps stopping around 47% of doing that specific .vob file (vts_01_3.vob) and has an I/0 error. how can i fix this?

2. dp70

dp70 Member

Dear Angelo,

Welcome to the world of dvd burning, mostly computer science with some magic dust for the reindeer. The only hang I encountered in Decrypter was a scratched disk with red gravy--- a bleeping rental.

May I suggest that you read a little more of the posts so that you may learn the variables that are required before the magic is performed. AfterDawn is a wealth of resources, and it dreives its knowledge base from the hands-on experiences of the users.

Users who really ticked the: turn computer off after burning box.

It could be anything from a dirty or scratched dvd to a device driver or the "free" intreactual viewer on some DVDs. Some dvds change decryption keys in the middle of the vob file..some add a third audio channel out of phase to make the sound disappear...but the better mouse always comes along.

I usually use Decryptor to extract an iso image for burning. When the disk is a dvd9, I use Shrink...I have best results w/ decrypter/shrink and Nero 6x. The worse app is: 321 anything.

DP70 / john

3. angelo3

angelo3 Member

ok. so what do you recommend that i do?

4. LIGHT_UK

LIGHT_UK Member

1. Clean the disc, try again
    2. Try it in another drive
    3. Get another copy of the disc