1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really hot price on Ritek G05's

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by JailBreak, Apr 14, 2005.

1. JailBreak

JailBreak Guest

I was just planning on "re-upping" my G05 supply a couple hundred when I saw a superhot price on them so I had to double the quantity I purchased because i've never seen any place sell them this cheap and i've been buying them since G04 production stopped and gone through countless with almost perfect results. Basically, the price for 100 8x G05's is like $36 for $100. But I searched the web and found a couple of coupon codes that work on shop4techs site. The one that worked for me was "DNS10" and I applied it at checkout and it took 10% off with no problems.

You can check the link out for the Ritek here, and i'm pretty sure there isn't a better price anywhere.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2764&cata=1&s_cata=88_r33

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Just so you know, don't be surprised if a mod gets mad at you for your post.

And I try to avoid shop4tech.com. They have horrible service. They also sell some fake media, so watch out for that too.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I got burned by them arse holes ay SHop4Tech once... Fake TY's!! Never again.. I sure hope you have better luck... If you want the Ritek G04 which IMO are the better media you can get 100 here for $45 with free shipping http://www.supermediastore.com/ritek-4x-dvd-plus-r-retail-box-100-free-shipping.html $9 more but much better reputation store. Or 100 for $36 here http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1618-100 plus $6.10 shipping = $42.10. Best yet $33 and free shipping http://www.meritline.com/arita-4x-dvd-r-media-dvd-r1.html

4. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

I am 100% agree with bbmayo.

(another victim of fake TY from 'you know where')

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I bought 300 G04's from shop4tech for $100, got lucky and even got real ones. I still recommend people stay away from them from all the horror stories I hear from other people.

One gripe I had with them was that they were supposed to send me a free 10-pack of some Matrix 8x +R's or something like that, but I never got them and they were listed on the packing list and checked off...I wonder...Then when I emailed them 3 times about it I got no response ever. I don't really care about the DVD's, it's just the principle.

6. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

you might try these. i have used Ritek G04's and GO5's for a while
    now, have had great success with them, the only place i deal with
    is http://www.allmediaoutlet.com they usally have the best prices
    i have found, and great support aswell. usally the shipping cost is included, and fast.

they have 100 pack of GO-5's (x8) for $37.00, with shipping included
    which is normal for them.....think that's great deal..below

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/allme...-special-fedex-ground-shipping-group-1657.htm

good day...........
    free............

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

8. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ squizzle

thanks for pointing that out, i never really stepped back to really look at what they claim these media to be. the ones they call "taiyo yuden" i can assume will "code out" when put under a media identifier program as TY, but, that does not mean they are real. while on the other hand, the "genuine ty" are the real deal MIJ, etc.etc. huge price difference between the 2. pretty shady if you ask me, why the tremendous price discrepency? sounds like they imitating shop4tech's trickery technique. buyer beware~

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I agree 100%. Bogus business there...

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i stick with supermedia store or meritline ,have never been burned from either place heard rima is ok too.

11. StnkyMnug

StnkyMnug Regular member

i think im going to buy from meritline seeing it just looks more organized and seeing that people had good sucess with them

12. linus7005

linus7005 Regular member

Someone suggested i use ritek g04 instead of the memorex dvd+r's that i bought, which punisher and a few other ps2 games didnt work on. do the ritek need to be dvd-r or dvd+r for ps2 games?

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Ritek G04 are -R. As far as PS2s go, if you have a V4 or earlier, chances are it only plays -R, some V4s play +R also. Everything after V4 should be able to play both formats. No RW discs though.

14. skidme

skidme Guest

Hey I just want to advise u peeps: Be carefyl with the G04's!!. Very very careful, cuz I bought them a While ago, and not a single DVD-R would burn at 4x, no matter wat I burned. Movies and Ps2 backups did come out somewhat successfully at 2x, but quality was bad. I bought them mainly for video games in the first place, and now I see they're not of high quality. The G05's r awesome for movies and computer games backup tho. They're relatively cheap and reliable

15. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@skidme: Maybe you got fakes. I've used about 300+ G04s for movies and games and haven't had a coaster yet that was caused by media quality.

16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Bye bye Jailbreak. Run along and join all the other shop4tech lackeys I've banned.

17. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sorry, repeat post. Still feeling the hangover :(

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  18. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@squizzle and Nephilim.............

i've had great luck with G04's and G05's as posted above.........

opps not this time. you quoted my post, good i need some advice
    i'm not so happy with Ridata now...in the quote to my post..

"If you look there you'll see "Taiyo Yuden" at the top for as cheap as $0.30, but at the bottom you'll see "Genuine Taiyo Yuden" with a little Taiyo logo for as cheap as $0.53."

are these good blank media???.........................

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/allme...d-media-in-50-100-300-600-pack-group-1719.htm

I use AnyDvd, DVDShrink, and DVDDecypter, this go around my backups
    have been stopping/jumping/not playing in other dvd players ect,

i have a HP Computer,XP, HP630i burner, and a LiteOn DVD Rom

thanks in advance
    good day.....
    free.........

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

20. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

thanks NEP..............

good day.....