1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need help regarding Samsung MS25

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mufc_live, May 17, 2007.

1. mufc_live

mufc_live Guest

Today, I was going to flash a Samsung MS25. After a few attempts, I got my USB boot up and running, using Xtreme Boot Maker 0.5.3, (applied the update for the new firmware) and Xtreme 53. I startet up from the USB in DOS, and startet reading and flashing. No problem at this stage. When I attempted playing a backup game (which I know works) I got the "put in a 360 console" message. But I also got the same message putting in original games!

When I tried flashing back to original, my computer hangs on the fa00 and master/slave b0 (a or b depending on my choice, master og slave). Ive tried shifting sata port on motherboard, both xtreme master and slave, when having to choose port, and ive also tried, just to see, what happens if i try to load up the Xtreme Boot Maker 0.3.x with Xtreme 52. No mather what, it hangs there.

I used the firmware from xbin for this samsung drive, i made sure it said ms25 in the XBM, and it said everything was ok. Why do I get stuck at this stage now, when it worked excellent the first time, and what can I do to install the right firmware, or atleast the original firmware, so original games will work?

I have a native SATA, using NVIDIA chipset (which I selected in the XBM). Ive also disabled all drives and hdd`s, so the only thing connected was the Samsung.

Xtremely thankful for all help!

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

I had that exact problem on a ms25 when I did not hex edit the key from the old firware into the new firmware. Reflash it with the key and you will be in business. You may need to turn on the xbox 360 at different times during the bootup procedure to get it to flash. Oh yea use the 0800 iso dual layer disk to disable the firmware protection on your drive to flash it.

3. mufc_live

mufc_live Guest

Thanks for reply

How do you hex edit the key? Do you have a link to a tutorial or anything. Ive been using textbooks tutorial...(Xtreme boot maker 0.5.3 with Xtreme 53 firmware)

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

with all the talk of banning, if your going to use this xbox 360 for xbox live, then i dont suggest modding it.

5. mufc_live

mufc_live Guest

Thanks for the advice, but I`ll take the chance...

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Ha ha ha I like your style!! :)

7. vankorver

vankorver Member

Uhh mufc I like your style and all but I would highly advise that you do not flash your MS25 if your'e going to go on live cause I just got banned today using it.

8. mufc_live

mufc_live Guest

What firmware did you have?