1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really starting to ******* hate nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Zwolf85, May 4, 2007.

1. Zwolf85

Zwolf85 Member

Ok I still cant get this problem fixed and its pissing me off lol. It will not transcode at all. It will sometimes in automatic play or standard But it refuses to transcode at all in Long Extended or Superlong play. and I hate the fact NERO charges for their support line.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you will need other programs besides nero to make backups of your movies and games, if you look at the top of this page, you will see a tab that reads guides, if you click on that tab you will find all the information on what you are wanting to do good luck

3. Jons01

Jons01 Member

Nero WAS the best burning software. Technical support is $1.29 per minute. After four hours they could not solve my problem.
    Problem: Replaced hard drive, reinstalled XP operating system, downloaded all XP updates. Installed Nero from website and entered my serial number. When importing a homemade DVD, Nero does not import in a Nero recognized format. Thus Nero freezes the computer if any edit is attempted. Program can only be closed with Task Manager. CPU is running at 100%. Nero's solution, sorry they have read everything on the web and have never heard of this problem. (Neither has the Geek Squad, nor can they fix the problem.)

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

What version of Nero are you using?

Edit Whoops hard to answer with 2 different posters.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  5. Jons01

Jons01 Member

My software is Nero 7 Ultra. But that has been upgraded to a web download 7.9 something.

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

Jons01 when you inported the file from your homemade video what format was it? nero don't like wmv, you might try making it to a mpeg file or a avi file and thain you should have better luck, hope that helps

7. Jons01

Jons01 Member

Nero imports as a MPEG file. It should be converting to VOB and ISO files. I am using homemade DVD's from the exact same DVD recorder that I used before I replaced the hard drive. So the format worked previously.

Thx

8. dxwood

dxwood Guest

Had a similiar (though not as severe problem). For me it seemed to be a bad / faulty input file. I another program to convert the input file.

Even when the file's ok, vision will sometimes just eat up the CPU to 100% and stay there - for no real reason. I just shut down & re-boot (seems to clear it then).

If that doesn't help then :-

- It MAY depend on original config on your old drive - maybe you had a driver or a piece of s/ware that you don't now have that allowed you to access the format previously. - Have you re-installed ALL of the relevant s/ware you had before (including codex's etc).

Another though is conflict - try disabling EVERYTHING you can get away with - even explorer (you can restart it using the taskbar (File new taks-run then type explorer).

Also try not to run anything else other than Nero after you've turned the PC on - sometimes even re-start doesn't clear everything

If all else fails, try re-installing using the basic XP (before installing SP2 / updates etc) this may fix the problem.

Hope that may give you some ideas

The only thing to do then is s to basically be a bad / faulty