1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really strange Hard drive problem. Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pgm8705, Apr 5, 2005.

1. pgm8705

pgm8705 Member

Heres my story..

I recently decided to switch my hard drive and upgrade to a 80 gig. So i followed a guild on xbox scene and got it installed. I made the boot cd, formated the drive, and it was good to go. Then i started to ftp the original drive content to the new drive. This was taking a very long time for some reason(like 35 kb/s) so after waiting and waiting for it to speed up, i decided to cancel and reset my computer or something thinking that oculd have been the problem. So i did all that and figured everything was fine so i put my xbox back together. When i tried to load the boot cd, so i could ftp, it would not load. It just went to either the "your xbox needs service" screen or it would get stuck at microsoft xbox load screen. I have no idea what happened. Please let me know if you have any ideas

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

try to run the disk again,sometimes the xbox will not boot to the disk on the first try.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Regarding your slow FTP connection, it could have been your Firewall/Anti-virus software. I have TrendMicro and I have to turn it off before I can FTP otherwise the speed goes really fast at first and then just stops dead 15 seconds later.

4. pgm8705

pgm8705 Member

oh i've tried to re load the boot disc many times. If i had to guess i'd say at least 500. I've also plugged in the original hdd and it booted up just fine, so i know it must have something to do with the drive. Is it because i cancelled the backup half way through, so the new hdd has certain data on it that is messing up the reading of the boot disc?