1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really strange laptop battery behavior

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Freekman, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

So I bought a cheap 12 cell battery off ebay here is a link to the battery http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140456347141 Also bought ram and a new LCD installed all of this new hardware and installed windows 7. My problem is now that the laptop drains to like 65 percent then shuts down, not a windows shutdown, a complete shutdown. What is weird is that when i plug it in and turn it back on it is still at 60 percent. And the strangest part is that the battery is rated to be 8800mah which is about 97680mWh but but in battery defender it says the battery's intended and working capacity is 140055mWh so i thought that maybe the battery was just lying to the computer, but that would mean it should be drained when battery care says that it is at 42375mWh capacity. But it dies when it is closer to 95000mWh. I emailed the seller to try to get a new one, but this really just doesn't make any sense to me

2. Co45

Co45 Regular member

I know it dies completely but when you turn it back on can you let it drain more? Try to cycle battery as much as you can fully drain and fully charge without having it plugged in between cycles

Im assuming this is a lipo? chances are your battery is shot! lipo's dont like sitting around uncharged and alot of ebay sellers do not know this and let uncharged new batteries sit way to long and once lipos self drain past a certain point they die