1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really that bad?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by swarmpack, Jun 15, 2007.

1. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

so i just got my 360 like 2 weeks ago and have definatily put it through it paces on playing 7 hours straight and the thing runs like a champ. but my question is how many of the people that got the red ring of death had their drives flashed because to me it seems like a lot did.and if so did it have anything to do with the console diying

2. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

heat is your enemy

3. steimy

steimy Active member

they had problems with plenty of unmodded consoles so i do not think the flashing is what caused it. The 360 just has some problems. Like any new console it will take 2-3 releases to get all the bugs worked out. Like right now when you get them repaired MS is installing a second heat sink to help with the problem. Most likely that will be a standard on the next version they release.

4. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

it has nothing what so ever do with flashing it.the main reason for most of the problems is cheap crappy solder on the cpu & gpu. after heating up and cooling down a few times the solder starts to split and crack. but as far as i'm aware new consoles have a different solder on them so they should be ok for this.

5. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

I got my 360 6 months ago and ive played on it for 20 hours at a time on more than one occasion and ive never seen the 3 rings of death yet.